Big Red Laser Class
Compared to our smaller "Little Blue" laser, the ULS-12000 "Big Red" laser cutter is a more "production" and special project oriented laser cutter. It has a larger bed, more powerful laser, and faster cutting speed to enable users to efficiently cut/etch large production runs of materials or especially large/thick materials. The Basic Laser Course is required before taking this course.
In order to use the ATX Hackerspace's ULS-12000 "Big Red" laser cutter, you must take this Big Red Laser Operation Class from a certified ATX Hackerspace instructor. The course takes two hours, and includes a lab material fee. Once you have taken the course, you can schedule time on and operate the "Big Red" laser cutter.
- You must be a current member in good standing of ATX Hackerspace to take this class
- "Little Blue" Laser Basic Class
You will learn:
- How to safely start up and shut down the Laser Cutter
- How to load and unload material
- Theory of how the laser cutter works, and what materials you can/can't use
- Setting up, importing, and drawing files in Corel Draw
- Learning how to deal with different materials:
- Mat board
- Corrugated Cardboard
- Foam core
- Setting up Corel Draw to vector cut / vector engrave / raster
- Download laserable objects from Thingiverse
One day, two hour course
We hold a class Monday between 6:00pm - 8:00pm every week for Big Red!*
Colin Hendee - email@example.com
Russel Stinnett - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Ristroph - email@example.com
* If you require a different time for taking this class please get in contact with one of the instructors or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work out a time that suits everyone excellently!